Cal Energy Corps is an undergraduate internship program that engages the best and brightest students from UC Berkeley in the design, development, and delivery of sustainable energy and climate solutions around the world.
- Launched in February 2011, the program provides students with hands-on experience in the non-profit and private sectors to enhance their academic work
- Enables students to make a difference by contributing their talents to real-world projects, providing practical experience and inspiring Corps members for future careers and environmental leadership
- Students receive a $600/week living stipend, support for travel to the internship location, and structured mentorship from our partner host organizations
- Past placements include:
- Internships on solar energy solutions for rural communities with a non-profit in Nicaragua
- Urban design for high-density cities with a university in Hong Kong
- Advanced manufacturing with a leading Bay Area battery startup company
- Applications now open!
Your Support Matters
Each year, the Berkeley Energy and Climate Institute coordinates multiple student placements around the world. Your gift can support a student for a week, a full summer and likely for the rest of his or her life.
In 2016, students were placed in locations around the world including the Bay Area, Nicaragua, Germany, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.