2018 Philomathia Forum on Energy and Environment
We are pleased to announce the annual call for the Philomathia Forum on Energy and Environment, which facilitates a
series of prominent annual events on topics related to climate, energy, and the environment. The next Forum will be in
the Fall of 2018.
Overseen by the Berkeley Energy and Climate Institute (BECI), the Philomathia Forum on Energy and Environment
invites proposals from UC Berkeley faculty and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) senior scientists who
wish to organize a symposium or workshop on a topic concerning issues associated with energy and the environment.
Special areas of interest include:
1) cutting-edge climate science and data that inform both mitigation and adaptation strategies;
2) innovative energy policies such as carbon-pricing that reduce global dependency on fossil fuels;
3) energy efficiency in all sectors (industrial, residential, commercial, transportation) using today’s energy supplies;
4) fundamental and applied research to advance clean, renewable energy for a sustainable planet;
5) adaptation strategies connected to sea-level rise, wildfire, and new climatic conditions; and,
6) broad environmental issues and impacts including changes in biodiversity.
Please see the linked document for more information about the requirements for the proposal.
Please submit your proposal to email@example.com. The application deadline for this Fall 2018 meeting is December 1, 2017. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.